Family Law & Children

Haris Ali Solicitors are fully experienced in representing parents and children in any dispute cases. We can represent those who wish to issue proceedings in relation to their children, as well as those who have been notified that proceedings have been issued against them.

Legal Aid may be available with this service.

Legal aid is government assistance to meet legal costs for persons who are unable to afford legal representation.*

We Can Help

Following relationship or marriage breakdown, parents will need to settle the arrangements for their children. Many parents manage this amicably; however sometimes the assistance from a Solicitor may be required .There are also circumstances in which the assistance of the Courts is required, either to protect children from harm or resolve disputes about contact or which parent the child should live. Either way, it is important for you to understand the legal framework.

Our highly experienced and understanding family solicitors will help you through the process of negotiation and, where necessary, apply to the Court for a Child Arrangement Orders if necessary, ensuring the most suitable outcome for your family.

We are able to help you with the following applications under the Children Act 1989:

Child Arrangement Order

This order determines where a child is to live and how much time they should spend with each parent. Child Arrangement Orders replaced Residence and Contact Orders.

Parental Responsibility Order

This order allows you to make important decisions about your child. We are able to advise all fathers that have been effected as not all fathers are given parental responsibility.

Specific Issue Order

Disputes such as a child’s surname are a prime example of why you may need to take out this order as it deals with a specific problem which has arisen due to differing views of the parents.

Prohibited Steps Order

This order prevents a parent from taking a particular step regarding their child. If there is dispute between two parents about whether the other should be able to take a certain step, then this is the order you need. Prohibited Steps Orders are often made to prevent children from being removed from the country.

Special Guardianship Order

This order is needed if somebody other than the parents are to take responsibility for a child until they reach the age of 18. With this order, a Special Guardian shares the parental responsibility with the parent but has the power to have the final say on all decision making for the child. Grandparents and other immediate family members usually apply for this order when children are not provided with sufficient care from their parents. The rules regarding this order are quite complex, so getting expert legal advice is an absolute must.

Advice and assistance is available to all family members, should they wish to be responsible for the care of a child as an alternative to being placed in foster care.

Emergency Applications

If you have immediate concerns about your child’s welfare, we are able to act urgently with very short notice with this order. Concerns that your child is going to be removed from the country or if your child is retained after a contact visit are common examples. We are experienced in applying and obtaining Court Orders on an urgent basis.

Enforcement Of Contact

An Enforcement Order may be necessary if a Contact Order is being breached.

020 7604 3572

Contact our Family legal team today to arrange a consultation about the process and your options.

Haris Ali Solicitors can help

Here To Help

3 + 8 =